Can't find what you're looking for? Submit a request

Can I refer to myself as 'registered' or 'certified' kinesiologist?

The Health Professions Act of BC has legislation pending, but not currently enacted (Section 52.1) that restricts unregulated health professionals such as kinesiologists from using the terms “regulated”, “registered”, “certified” and “licensed” in association with a noun or abbreviation to form a title describing a health care practitioner to identify those who are members of the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK).

Alternatively, we recommend our members to distinguish themselves from other kinesiologists by stating that they are a 'Practicing Kinesiologist with the BCAK'.